Everett-Smith & Co is committed to protecting the occupational safety and health (OSH) of all employees, contractors and visitors in all we do. Our commitment to OSH is an integral part of the company’s business vision and values.
Everett-Smith’s primary aim is to provide a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, contractors and third parties.
Everett-Smith’s objectives to implement the policy aim include:
- Applying a systematic approach to OSH management which complies to AS 4801 and is continuously improving.
- Setting measurable targets for improvement in all areas of OSH.
- Demonstrating legislative compliance by integrating applicable legislation and industry standards into all aspects of our business.
- Applying a hazard management process to identify, assess and safely manage hazards of our operations.
- Providing adequate resources to establish and maintain safe systems of work.
- Utilise Safety Management Plans for projects to assist meeting client’s safety management systems.
- Engaging only qualified contractors who will perform their work to our standard.
- Promoting a positive culture where employees and contractors are consulted and encouraged to actively participate in the OSH program.
The Managing Director is ultimately responsible for OSH management and compliance. All managers, supervisors and contractors are accountable for OSH performance in their areas. They will implement effective Safety Management Plans designed to achieve the aim of this policy. All personnel, including contractors and suppliers shall, where applicable, participate in this process.
Employees are responsible for actively participating in Everett-Smith OSH management system requirements, which includes working in a safe and healthy manner, participating in OSH training, complying with OSH related procedures, instructions and directions, not adversely effecting the safety of fellow employees, contractors and visitors and reporting to management any hazard, incident or safety issue.
This policy applies to all Everett-Smith sites and will be reviewed annually.
EVERETT-SMITH & CO. PTY LTD April 2019